Wednesday, August 12, 2009

After dinner....

Last week we didn't have all of the meals I planned, so last night we had fish, potato bundles, and tomato/corn salad. Logan doesn't like potatoes, but I gave him some to try along with the fish and some tomato/corn salad. Actually, he doesn't like corn either, typically. I wasn't even sure if he would like the fish (red snapper), as I simply cooked it in a bit of olive oil, lime juice, and put salt a pepper on it. He didn't like the potatoes, but much to my surprise he liked the fish and salad....actually, he LOVED the fish! With corn, he likes the flavor, but he doesn't like the "shell" of the kernel. With uncooked corn, it all stayed crisp and he liked it. (I posted all of that because if you know us, you know I've struggled with my boys being picky eaters. Logan is FINALLY outgrowing it and I am SO happy!)

We were eating in the dining room, but the remodel in there still isn't finished, so we don't have our table and chairs in there. We have Lucas' high chair, a kids folding table and chairs (like a little card table), and one chair that goes with our dining set. Anyway, Logan had finished eating and was throwing his plate in the trash. As he walked past me, he burped. "Excuse me", he said. "I just let out my after dinner burp". My husband and I looked at each other and laughed. A little later my husband passed some gas of his own. "I just let out my after dinner fart." Nice!

All I have to say about that is....

I thought we had after dinner MINTS, not after dinner burps and farts. BOYS!

2 Comments:

Teri said...

LOL - boys will be boys...

Tammy said...

I agree with Teri...boys will be boys! ;)