Monday, January 28, 2008

Popcorn Cake...YUM!

My MIL mailed me a picture of a cake she made recently....popcorn cake. It sure did look good. She shared the recipe, but also sent a nice big slice of it to the boys. It arrived today and it is as good as it looks. Logan isn't a big fan of nuts, so I simply *neglected* to tell him that there are peanuts in it. I figured he might not notice....really, it seems he does okay with nuts if you don't tell him they are there. However, he doesn't like salty nuts. This however, didn't seem to phase him. I don't think my MIL will mind me just posting a picture of the cake she made, as I've not made it yet. Logan's review: "Wow, that is a really yummy treat that Grandma sent!". So...thanks Grandma!!


Popcorn Cake:
Mix the following in a large bowl:
4qts. popped popcorn
1lb. of M&Ms
1lb salted peanuts (Virginia)
Heat: 1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup vegetable oil
16 oz. large marshmallows
until melted. Pour over popcorn mixture stirring to mix and coat all ingredients. Butter an angel food cake pan and mold mixture into it. Let set.

**She noted that she only let hers set a couple of hours before removing it from the pan and it did kind of slump the next day. Perhaps let it set overnight.

7 Comments:

Samantha said...

Yum!!

So basically, it is like making rice crispy treats only with popcorn! How cool of an idea is that! I will be making this for my family sometime in the next two weeks. Thanks.

Melissa said...

That looks so good! My kids will love it!

Robyn Jones said...

mmm...that looks yummy....

Tasha said...

Yummy and colorfull!!!

Audra said...

I'm sure our kids would love this. I will have to try it soon.

Canadian Saver said...

Wow, that looks awesome!! So much fun!

Milk Mama said...

Oh my goodness! It's just a giant popcorn ball with peanuts and M&Ms! LOL! My grandma used to make popcorn balls, too. Every Christmas. Like Clockwork. I should make some this Christmas. It was a nice tradition. :)