Monday, January 28, 2008

Menu Plan Monday...


Last week we tried several new things. First, we had the caramel apple pork chops. They were pretty good. If you like pork and apples, you'll like this. My husband isn't a big pork fan and I'm finding it isn't my favorite either. However, we have some in the freezer and we will be eating it. I doubled the sauce and did it in two pans (one with the apples and one for the chops) rather than keeping the pork warm in the oven. Also, instead of just sprinkling the finished product with pecans, I added the pecans in with the sauce once I removed the apples.

I also made one of Glutten Free Mommy's crustless quiche to have on hand for breakfast. YUM! The only thing I did differently was I didn't add the onion because I didn't have any.


Next up is basil pasta with chicken, bacon, and spinach. It was sooo good.
1 bag basil pasta
4 Tbsp. Oil from Sundried Tomatoes (I just used olive oil)
1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed (I used breast)
3 strips bacon
1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1.5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 large bunch escarole (or spinach), washed and chopped (we used spinach)
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, slivered
Heat oil in large, non stick skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken and bacon until chicken is cooked, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth and boil for 2 minutes. Add escarole grape tomatoes, and sundried tomatoes. Cover and cook until escarole is wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Add into cooked noodles. Serve with Parmesan Cheese (we used freshly grated Asiago).

We also tried apricot pecan chicken. Also very good!! I doubled the sauce ingredients, except for the ginger (I'm not a big fan of it). Also, once the chicken was cooked, I removed it and added the pecans into the skillet and let them toast a bit. Then I added the remaining ingredients. I, too, spooned some sauce on the chicken and the rice. YUM!!

I also made the steak fingers, but didn't get a picture. I didn't start them in time to let them marinade, so I'll have to try them again when I can follow the recipe. I also didn't stick them in the freezer. I just fried them up. Still, they were pretty good and a different way to use up some steak that is in the freezer!

On to this week--------
*=new recipe

Monday--continental beef* (from this cookbook), noodles, green beans

Tuesday--tacos, rice, beans, salad

Wednesday--lemon butter chicken, lentil salad*

Thursday--burgers, sweet potato fries, salad

Friday--pretzel crusted chicken with cheddar mustard sauce* (saw it on Donna's menu), salad

Saturday--crock pot beef stew*, rolls, salad (I will be gone all day to an HOA training thing)

I'm also planning on trying a few recipes in this book that I learned about while visiting this blog. I'll let you know how that goes.


For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

6 Comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Candi ;) Lol you made me laugh at your comment for my giveaway!!it all sounds really good.I love the deceptively delicious cookbook especially the chicken nuggets and the brownies.thanks for the tips on the caramel apple pork chops which is on the mpm for the week.Thank you for posting pictures of the meals from last week too. now that I've written a"novel".I'm going to make some tea..:) have a great week..

Christi said...

Everything sounds yummy! We're having beef stew t his week, too.

Audra said...

Everything looks so good, especially the basil pasta chicken dish. Yum! I have a friend that has the Deceptively Delicious cookbook and she loves it.

Nicole said...

Great menu! Everything you made last week looks soooo good! :)

Anonymous said...

The pictures look great! Lots of yummy stuff to eat over here.

Thanx for stopping by my blog.

Sarah said...

Great menu! Crossing my fingers you'll like the salad on Wednesday . . . I made it again this past weekend for my parents, grandmother and in-laws who were visiting and again, everyone loved it!

Have a great week!