Monday, June 25, 2007

A break from cooking and Menu Plan Monday



On June 13th, we got a call saying that my husband's grandfather was not doing well. I called my husband at work to let him know, as I wasn't sure what he would want to do. He decided that we were flying to CA. My sister and her family were still here visiting, but they had planned on leaving the next morning, so we got tickets to fly out mid-morning. Turns out that Grandpa passed away the night we got the call. He was almost 94 years old and was married to Grandma almost 63 years!! Anyway, we took an unexpected trip and I had a break from cooking last week. Check back later in the week to see pics from our trip and pics from my sister's visit. Tackle it Tuesday will consist of unpacking, and Wordless Wednesday will be dedicated to Grandpa. Also, I'll tell you all about our experience with NWA and why you might not want to fly with them. Talk about a nightmare.....

I have not gone shopping, so I am trying to use things that we have at home. I do have a short list of things I need to go buy.

Anyhow, on with this week......

Monday--chicken strips, mac and cheese, corn

Tuesday--steak wraps, chips, salsa

Wednesday--Poppy seed chicken over rice, green beans, carrots

Thursday--Italian chicken, chese-filled shells, salad

Friday--bacon cheeseburger Wellingtons, mixed veggies, salad

For more menus, head over to Laura's blog!

4 Comments:

Christi said...

Everything sounds great - see, you DID pull it together!

Anonymous said...

those cheeseburgers on Friday sound delicious!! Great meal week planned :)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

With my sympathies on your loss. I hope you have many happy memories to comfort you.
Thanks for sharing your menu this week.

Barb's Fridge

Renee said...

My sympathies on the loss of your loved one. Your menu plan looks great! Take care!