Monday, June 4, 2007

Menu Plan Monday and 7th Anniversary...


Wow...my husband and I have been married 7 years today!! In some ways it seems it has been 7 years, but in others it seems like yesterday. We were married in an apple orchard in northern CA. He joined the Army and left for basic training in SC one month after we married. Nine days after he left, I was in a wreck and almost totaled our new car!! When he graduated, I drove from CA to SC all by myself...I was proud of myself considering I had just been in a pretty bad wreck and I was now afraid to drive at night. I did stop and see family and friends on the way. From SC, he went to AZ for his training. I drove from SC to FL and stayed with my sister for about one month. Then I drove from FL to AZ to be with my husband. His training wasn't supposed to be very long, so the military did not pay for my move and he had to live in the barracks for most of his time there. Finally, about 4 weeks before he finished his training, he was able to move off post and live with me. Some people thought I was crazy to go to AZ to be with him considering it was only going to be a few months (he was there from end of Sept. through mid May), but I just kept telling myself that I didn't know where he would go next. Sure enough, his orders were for Korea. After he finished his training, we drove from AZ to CA and spent some time together before he headed off to Korea. He was there for 7 months and then came home on mid-tour. While he was home, we decided we were ready to try to start a family. I was nervous!! Truly, I didn't think it would happen, considering he was only home one month. He returned to Korea on Feb 2 and on Feb. 14th, I went to the doctor and found out that it did indeed work!! He came home when I was 5 months pregnant and just in time for our 2 year anniversary (2 years of marriage down and only lived with him for about 14 weeks during it!!)! Then it was off from CA to MD. He stayed in the military for another 2 years and then got a job in the DC area. We moved to VA to be closer to his work and had just started to talk about when we would like to try for another baby (and thought we would try in one year). Come to find out, we didn't need to plan. The very next month I woke up in the middle of the night and I was sick. I talked to my friend, Christi, and she said that maybe I was pregnant. Well, I was taking the pill, so I didn't think I would be. And besides....we weren't trying. But, sure enough I was!! Lucas has certainly been the best little surprise ever!! I love my husband, I love my children, and I can't wait to spend many more years with them!!



Monday--Today is our 7th anniversary!!--meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, lemon crunch veggies---> I think I will make a yummy dessert, but not sure what yet. Have any suggestions?

Tuesday--40 clove garlic chicken (my turn to try it!), rolls, rice/spinach combo (dh asked for this, so I will just kind of throw stuff in it...LOL), carrots

Wednesday--goulash (freezer meal), rolls

Thursday--honey mustard chicken, cheddary veg. gratin, rolls

Friday--sandwiches, chips, fruit salad (my sister and her family will arrive, but not sure what time)

Saturday--Penne a la vodka, salad, rolls

Sunday--Mexican pile on

For more menus, head over to Laura's blog!

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy annivera=sary!! You have a great menu this week!!

Audra said...

Happy Anniversary! See ya on Friday...Love ya, Aud

Disney for Boys said...

Great post, Happy Aniversary!!!

You have a yummy Menu too, thanks for sharing!

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary, what a beautiful picture. The vodka penne sounds delicious, I've bookmarked it into my recipes to try!

Thanks,
Laura

A Juggling Mum said...

Happy Anniversary! Your menu looks yummy, have a great week :)

Rachel xxx

Annie said...

Your menu looks delicious.
Happy Anniversary!
♥~annie
My Life as Annie!

Renee said...

Happy Anniversary! Your menu looks very good!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful wedding picture.
Thanks for sharing your menu this week.

Barb's Fridge

Lily said...

Happy Anniversary!! Hope you had a very sweet night!