Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's coming together....

We just have the finishing touches left to do on the room in the basement we've been working on. My inlaws will be here for Christmas and we are going to try our best to have it done (except for the crown molding....have to replenish the funds!) before they arrive. Once Christmas is over, we'll work on moving the school stuff down there and it will be our new school room! I'm super excited! Right now we just use the dining room. I have a large cabinet in Logan's room and a small cabinet in the dining room, but I hate running between the two places all the time. Anyway, go to the post here for pictures of the basement before and how it was up until recently. And here are a few pictures of the way it is now! :-) I know it is not perfect, but I love looking at this room and knowing that we did it ourselves!!


6 Comments:

Christi said...

It looks great - love the floor & the color of the walls!

Tammy said...

Candi, you and your hubby have done such a nice job on your house. This room, your kitchen... Have you done any other rooms?

Candi said...

Thanks, you two!

Tammy, we haven't personally done any other rooms, but we did pay to have the bathrooms done. That was before the market crashed and we actually had some equity. Now, not so much. I'm sure we could have figured the bathrooms out, but they came in and got both of them done in one week. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ya'll did a fantastic job on the basement. It looks so much better than it did before. I know you are really proud of it. PaBob

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Candi, it looks absolutely amazing! So jealous that you guys are able to do the work. Although I love my techy hubby, some of those house projects would be better.

Candi said...

Thanks, Beth! You have no idea....my husband is techy, too. These house projects were NOT an easy task. That is part of why everything has taken us so long. We've made plenty of mistakes and it is not perfect, but I'm still happy with how it has turned out! :-)