Saturday, March 28, 2009

Those sneaky Girl Scouts.....

About 1.5 weeks ago while I was making a trip to Lowe's to pick up some supplies needed for the kitchen, there were Girl Scouts selling cookies at the exit. I had bought 2 boxes a couple of weeks earlier, but my favorites, Thin Mints, were just about gone. Later I found out a friend's little girl was selling them, so I asked her if she had any Thin Mints left. My step-mom and I were both on the lookout, but my friend was out of the Thin Mints.

Back to my Lowe's trip.....as I came out of the store, I heard a little voice say, "Would you like to buy some.....". I looked up and the table was empty. I asked if they sold out and a mom told me there was another troop arriving to man the spot. She asked what I wanted and I told her Thin Mints. Turns out, they were out of them, too! I waited as the other troop arrived and was notified they had Thin Mints, but not very many boxes. I picked up 6 of their 14 boxes, 3 for me and 3 for my step-mom. I was feeling very accomplished that I tracked the Thin Mints down!



Amazingly, I had not opened any of the boxes until today. We were headed out the door and I opened a box to have one of the tasty treats. Only thing was, I couldn't have one of the tasty treats. It seems those sneaky Girl Scouts left the precious Thin Mints in a place too warm because the entire stack of cookies were stuck to each other. I tried and tried to get one cookie off, but was unsuccessful and just left a pile of crumbs. Seriously--anyone have some recipes that call for Thin Mint crumbs. I think that is all these Thin Mints will be good for. I was so desperate for one that I tried slicing it off the stack, but it just doesn't work.

5 Comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks for supporting Girl Scouts. Our troop sold over 3500 boxes during the sale and my girls have big plans!!!
I can e-mail you some recipes for using those Thin Mint crumbs!!!
BTW - I store mine in the freezer!! While they last anyway.

Teri said...

maybe over some vanilla ice cream? Could you try and make a crumb crust out of them...anything that calls for a crumb crust, like a chocolate silk pie? Just mix a bit of butter with the crumbs and press them into a pan? Let us know what you end up doing with them! :)

Dr.Mom said...

I'd make thin mint ice cream with them or make a vanilla shake and add the crumbs at the end. Kind of like a DQ Blizzard. Don't let them go to waste! Beat them with a rolling pin and put the in a ziploc in the freezer .

Tammy said...

Oh gosh, there's gotta be a way to salvage them somehow. I like Teri's idea of having them over vanilla ice cream!

Milk Mama said...

Mmmm. I love Thin Mints! :P* I buy them every year! I just eat them plain. They're gone in a few days. xD