Thursday, February 26, 2009

Seriously???

Can it seriously be 3 years ago that I had my precious Lucas? Three years ago my dad arrived from Texas to take care of Logan while I was induced. It was a Saturday and I had been busy preparing for his arrival....and my new baby's arrival. After picking my dad up from the airport, we still had a couple of errands to run, one of them being Costco. I think we might have even eaten there before heading home. My feet hurt, my back hurt! We tucked Logan into bed knowing it would be his last night as our "baby". I was due at the hospital the next morning around 8. Logan would likely still be asleep when we left.

After getting Logan in bed, I sat down to relax and talk to my dad and realized my back hurt more than I thought. It wasn't long before I was in the bathroom constantly and I was pretty sure that my water had broke. I called my doctor and they said come on in. I decided to take a shower before heading in. Since I was going to be heading there the next day, all of my bags were packed. Certainly not the case when I went into labor at 38 weeks with Logan.

I remember that it was sooo cold that night! We had to enter the hospital through the ER and it was fairly busy that night. I don't know why I didn't have my husband drop me off at the door. Instead, he parked and I walked in with him. Now, I am the type that my water breaks before the pain starts to come. I wasn't one of those women walking into the hospital in severe pain and wheeled to the maternity ward. No, no.....I walked there. And with every step I felt amniotic fluid leaking out. Nice, right? So, about 3 years ago right now, I was being checked into the hospital to have my precious boy!!

From this:



To this:



I can hardly believe it!! Happy Birthday sweet, Lucas! Momma, Daddy, and big brother love you very much. You truly brighten our days!

I will get a video up for this birthday as soon as I can. In the meantime, here are a couple of posts I've done of his birth and previous birthday videos.

5 Comments:

Christi said...

Happy Birthday, Lucas! I can't believe he's 3!

Teri said...

Happy Birthday, Lucas!!

Tammy said...

Happy birthday Lucas! :)

Milk Mama said...

Oh my gosh, Candi! I can't believe he's three already!!!

I keep thinking about Anna's third birthday in November that's coming up... Preschool isn't that long after she starts and it's sad in a way to know she can't be a baby forever, you know?

Well, Happy Birthday, Lucas! You're a beautiful boy!!! :D

Audra said...

Happy Birthday Lucas!