Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Great Party Planner....


We had a fun little party for Logan. It was just us plus one friend and her little girl. Logan was super excited to have company....that doesn't happen very often around here. I hadn't really planned on it, but in talking to my friend on Thursday (Oct. 9), we decided perhaps she could join us for a little party. Well, she had to work on Saturday and was leaving town after work, so Friday was it!

As usual, I waited until the last minute to take care of things like getting a cake and present. Actually, I bought an acoustic guitar for Logan a while back, but we decided to exchange it for an electric guitar just the night before the party. I figured I would pick up the cake and guitar once hubby was home from work. Well, he called to say that he was stuck in traffic. So, I quickly gathered the kids and we were off. I say quickly....it wasn't that quickly because by the time I made it to the mall, the bus that hubby was on was there. So, he joined us in picking up a few party supplies, the cake, and exchanging the guitar...which was nice in keeping Logan from seeing the gift.

We rushed home and arrived just 5 minutes before our guests. The kids played for a while and then we did pizza, ice cream cake, and gifts. It was great fun! When Logan opened the gift from us, he was very excited! "Wow!! My wish finally came true!". Logan has been asking for a guitar for about 2 years, so I knew he would love it!

After our guests left, Logan informed me that he is a "great party planner". I laughed and said, "Oh yeah?". "Yes. You didn't even have to do anything." Yes, Logan, momma didn't even have to do anything. I'm so glad you are such a great party planner. Folks, get your name on the list now. His calendar is filling up fast!

(I'll post more pictures as soon as I can.)

2 Comments:

Tammy said...

Too cute. Glad you didn't have to "do" anything. ;)

Melissa said...

Glad he had a good party. And so happy for him that his wish came true. Gavin loves the guitar too!