Tuesday, September 14, 2010

And so it begins....

Today was one week since pre-school started back up for Lucas. This morning it was 10:30 and he was still sleeping. I was just about to go wake him to get him ready for school (we leave at 11:45) when he started crying. I went upstairs and he was talking about throwing up. He hadn't, but I could tell that he wasn't feeling well. So, one week in and already he is sick.

This is how he spent almost the entire day.

Normally my boy is LOUD. It was so quiet here today. It is how I know when he is truly sick. He let out one yell and it startled me. After that he was talking and hanging upside down off the couch and drank a cup of water, so I thought he was feeling better. Turns out it was short lived. I could barely convince him to eat or drink, he just wanted to lay there.

At about 8 o'clock, the door bell rang and I headed to the door. Lucas started crying and screaming, so went to him instead. At the door were two little girls going door to door selling things for a fundraiser (I had already bought cookie dough earlier from a different little girl). They were peering through the door as Lucas was screaming and puking. I couldn't help but laugh. I called my husband to answer the door for me. He said there was no adult out there at all. I know these girls had to be in elementary school, but they were very young. I couldn't believe they were out walking door to door that late.

After we ate dinner (a late one because my husband was working a 12 hour day and didn't get home until around 7:30), I went out to get some gatorade and medicine for Lucas. I had all kinds of meds, but no fever reducer. I just wanted to give him some to hopefully help him sleep tonight. I made it back home just in time to hold the bowl for Lucas to puke some more.

I managed to get him to take the Motrin and sip some gatorade and was going to let him stay up for a bit longer. When I announced it was bed time, he declared it wasn't. "No. It's not bed time. I need lunch. I missed it." So, he is presently sitting beside me on the couch eating the crackers that have been here all day.


Tammy said...

I hope he feels better soon... It's hard on a mama when a little one is not well.

Anonymous said...

Sure hope PaBob's little buddy gets to feeling better soon!