Friday, July 9, 2010

Sneak peek....

Today I finally got my 4th of July pictures off of my camera. This year I told myself ahead of time that I was NOT going to take pictures of the fireworks, but I can't help myself. I took over 160 while we were in DC! There were also a few from earlier in the day at Mt. Vernon.

Just like years past, we sat very close to where they were setting off the fireworks. We sit between the Washington Monument and WWII memorial (where they launch the fireworks). I would love to sit between the Washington Monument and the Capitol building so that I could get some good shots of the Monument with fireworks in the background, but the boys always outnumber me with wanting to sit close. We are so close that it feels like my heart is pounding out of my chest during the finale....it is a very strange feeling! We had lots of fun, though. It was super hot during the day, but we got there 2 hours before the fireworks were due to start and it was cooling down. We bought chairs and stopped at Subway to pick up some dinner on the way. We got all set up, ate dinner, played for a bit with some bubbles and then it was time for the show to start. Here is a picture of the boys before the fireworks started. I'll try to get more pictures up very soon!

4 Comments:

Christi said...

Sounds like a fun day. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Anonymous said...

A couple of mighty cute boys there! Love , PaBob

Audra said...

Sounds like you had fun. They must love the "heart pounding out of your chest" feeling if they want to sit there every year.

Tammy said...

I can't wait to see the rest! I spent a day in DC when I was 18. So much to see and so pretty there. :)