Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Story Time with Grandma....

I just wanted to share a wonderful idea that my mother in law had. A few years ago, she started recording herself reading children books. She loves to read, but doesn't live close enough to read to our boys very often. We typically only see her once a year. So, to make up for this, she has been sending recordings of her reading various books to the boys. Just recently, Logan has really enjoyed being read to. We put the cds on for him and he listens to his Grandma read to him as he drifts off to sleep. It is fun for him to be able to talk to her on the phone about the story that she has read to him. Just today a Christmas package arrived with the last few chapters of The Wind in the Willows and a couple of other stories, too. I know that Logan will be so excited to open the new cds from Grandma!

3 Comments:

Christi said...

What an excellent idea! My boys would love that!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful gift!

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

What a fabulous idea and gift from your MIL. I should get my mother to do this, or maybe my MIL.