Monday, August 20, 2007

Menu Plan Monday...


Last week I made green chili cheese bread and thought I would share a picture of it. It turned out sooo good. It was only my second time to make it. I cut the recipe in half to make only one loaf except I still used the whole can of green chilies and added a little extra cheese.



Time to get back on track this week. We are trying lots of new recipes that I will mark with an *. I was surfing Mommy Cooks and found lots of yummy looking recipes. I decided we'd try some of them out this week!! We're also trying another yummy sounding side dish of Sandra's. Thanks to you both for taking the time to post your recipes!!


Monday--coconut chicken*, Jasmine rice, Syrian green beans, corn on the cob

Tuesday--fish, tomato rice*, sauted zucchini and summer squash

Wednesday--Tuscan fusilli with sausage*, salad, bread

Thursday--honey mustard chicken, pasta carbonara*, steamed broccoli

Friday--beef tips and noodles, buttery cooked carrots, Syrian green beans (yes, we love them enough to have them twice in one week!!)

Saturday--leftovers

Desserts--I will make cookies* for the boys and Oats 'n Honey Granola Pie for the adults. I tried this pie almost two years ago (at a friend's) and have been wanting to make it, but haven't gotten around to it....LOL! I had the swirled choc chips already so when I saw the cookie recipe, I knew we had to try them out!!

If you'd like to see more menus, head on over to Laura's!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

the carbonara sounds dalicious--I bookmarked it. Great meal plan!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That bread really looks good!
Thanks for sharing your meal plan.
Barb's Fridge
SFO Mom

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Candi, you left a question on my blog about the spaghetti sauce.
For EACH can of ANY tomatoes (sauce, crushed, paste) add 1/2 can water.
Hope you like the sauce! We find that it tastes much better after it's been frozen and the flavors have "mixed."

KC said...

looks delicious.
Good luck on all your new meals.

Unknown said...

I AM SO GLAD THAT THE RECIPE WAS A SUCCESS! LET ME KNOW HOW THE OTHER ONES WORK OUT.HAVE A GREAT WEEK.