Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I have been absolutely horrible about cooking lately. It is time that I get back to it. We are trying to limit our meat intake (and fat/cholesterol), so will be having lots of salads. They are just easier for me to do.

Sunday--fish tacos--these were super easy and pretty tasty! I just used Gorton's tilapia fish sticks, wheat/corn tortillas, shredded lettuce and mayo/sour cream/salsa as the sauce (1/2 cup of each....next time I would add a few dashes of Cholula to add more spice)

Monday--pan seared red snapper, rice pilaf with pine nuts, and steamed Normandy veggies

Tuesday--quinoa taco salad--We love this! I omit the cilantro and we just top ours with salsa, no cheese. I like mine on the spinach best, but hubby likes his on a salad blend. When I didn't have black beans, we had it with black eyed peas and that was really yummy, too! This makes a lot, so we eat 2 meals off of it.

Wednesday--Black Bean-Taco Salad with Lime Vinaigrette

Thursday--leftover quinoa salad

Friday--not sure if we will be home. Some friends are moving from Italy to Hawaii and stopping over in Baltimore. If they make it out of Italy (due to flight delays from the volcanic ash), then we will be heading to Baltimore for the weekend!

It's been so long since I've done a Menu Plan Monday, but I'm sure, like always, there are plenty more menus to check out at Laura's blog!

3 Comments:

Christi said...

Sounds yummy - especially the taco salads!

sweetsue said...

Your menu sounds healthy. Yesterday I was making tuna sandwiches and found i was out of mayo. I mixed the tuna with salsa instead, and it was so delicious, and healthier too.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

The quinoa taco salad looks amazing. Will be passing this along to hubby who is the quinoa king in our house.