Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin fun...

So, I am a bit late on sharing these, but wanted to anyway. We went to the pumpkin patch the day before Halloween and had lots of fun. What we didn't do is buy a pumpkin. I thought they were over priced, so I figured we'd get one somewhere else. So, we went to a grocery store, but they were all out of pumpkins. Walking back out to the van, I saw a "pumpkin patch" at the other end of the parking lot. I had already told Logan we would get a pumpkin, so we walked on over. Well, they were 9 cents less per pound...LOL! However, the guy told me that if I bought a pumpkin with a broken stem, he'd take $2 off per pumpkin. If you know me, you know I can't pass up a sale. So, off we went to find two good looking pumpkins with broken stems. Here are the fruits of our labor:


4 Comments:

Christi said...

I LOVE the owl!

Melissa said...

Very nice!!

Tammy said...

Very nice! How'd you do those little holes?

Teri said...

Your pumpkins are awesome! :) Thanks for sharing & your homeschool lessons look like they're going great!!!