Monday, April 7, 2008

Menu Plan Monday..


We finally made it into DC to see the cherry blossoms. I had wanted to go on Saturday, but it was supposed to rain. Well, it didn't. Sunday was supposed to be party cloudy with only 20% chance of rain. It was completely cloudy and raining. At first we weren't going to go, but decided to head that way and hang out in Arlington for a while to see if the rain stopped. We had a late lunch and when we came out, the rain had stopped!! Into DC we went!! It was pretty cool out, so we were only there for about 2 hours.


We did decent last week, but still had 3 meals to carry over to this week. I got the fajitas in to marinate on Saturday night, but we didn't get home from DC until about 8 PM and I didn't really want to make a big meal that late. On top of that, we had a late lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. That will make for an easy meal today--which is nice since they will be here working on the bathroom.

I had some bananas that needed to be used up so I went on the search to find a recipe to use them in. I found this and decided to try them out! I added 3 mashed bananas in and about 1/2 extra cup of oatmeal. I chilled the dough before baking. Actually, I was only making a few at a time so that we could have them fresh out of the oven. The other night, there was only a little bit of dough left after I made what we wanted, so I went ahead and made the rest. I had one the next morning and I think it was better after sitting for a day than fresh out of the oven. They were soooo yummy!!



We also had the buffalo chicken chili mac. Oh my---it was sooo good!! I used about 1/3 cup hot sauce.



On to this week....

*=new recipe

Monday--fajitas*, chips, salsa


Tuesday--pan fried chicken, artichoke tomato pasta, steamed veggies

Wednesday--burgers with homemade buns, roasted potatoes, salad

Thursday--basil chicken pasta, garlic bread, salad

Friday--penne a la vodka, bread, salad



For more menu plan Monday fun, head on over to Laura's at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

12 Comments:

Sarah said...

Yum! Looks like a great menu and a great week! Penne with vodka sauce is one of my favorites . . .

Best,
Sarah

Michelle said...

HI Candi :=) you eat so well!!!! I hope that you have a great week...

Nicole said...

Candi- your menu sounds soooo good! That chili mac looks delish! Have a good week!

Melissa said...

That chili mac looks so good! Glad you had a good time in DC. We were there a couple of years ago and hubby wants to go back this summer! Have a great week!

Niki Jolene said...

that chili mac looks delish! you always cook such neat new things!

:)

mom_of2boys said...

The Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac sounds really good. I'm adding it to my menu next week.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

The Artichoke Tomato Pasta and Penne Al la Vodka Sauce both sound so good...I can't wait to try them out. THanks for sharing the recipe!
:-) April

Janice {Run Far} said...

I went to DC in April of 2000. It was so pretty there

Milk Mama said...

Oh my that Buffalo Chili Mac looks yummy! :P*

Tammy said...

love the cherry blossoms!!! :)

Stephanie said...

Your menu plan looks great. I am copying the Buffalo Chili Mac

Anonymous said...

thank you for the receipe for the buffalo chicken chili mac. I made it for my family tonight, they loved it. check out my blog and see my picture... thanks