Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The goings on around here....

Do you have any idea how hard it is sometimes to keep from laughing when trying to decipher what your child is saying?? Tonight at dinner, Logan was complaining about how hard it is for him to tie his shoes. He can do it, but can't get them tied nice and tight. He said he can't do it with one hand. Shaine pointed out that he has two and it is possible because millions of people do it around the world. Lucas was listening to this and exclaims that he has seven hands. He then goes on to say that his hands do something and for the life of me I could NOT figure out what he was saying. Logan and Shaine weren't any help either.

Lucas: "My seven hands make ?????"
Me: "Your seven hands make what?"
He repeats what he said. I told him I had no idea what he was saying. He said it again, this time more slowly. This went back and forth a few times.
Me: saying the only thing I could even come up with, yet knew it wasn't right. "Your seven hands make sandal sex" I'm dying here.

Lucas looks at me. "NOOOOOO!!!! Souuuuuuundal sex"
Me: "OHHHHH! Sound effects??"
Lucas: Big smile. "YES!!"



The next morning he was asking me about it again, so I took a video:

Hair cut day . For the first time ever, I got to just sit on the bench while Lucas got his hair cut. Usually I am standing close to him helping reinforce what he needs to do and repeating what they ask him to do. Sometimes I am even holding his head still. Yesterday, I sat and Lucas did everything he was asked. He sat still and followed directions. We've been going to the same place for about 6.5 years. They gave Lucas his first cut, so they know him well. I'm just proud of him!

Also, we went to Olive Garden for lunch (Shaine wanted never ending pasta ). Lucas ate lunch without any prompting at all. Usually we are having to say, "Okay, now take a bite. What are you going to eat next? Lucas, eat. Take another bite." Sometimes we are even feeding him because he is kind of in his own world and can't focus enough to even pick the fork up and take a bite. He happily eats when we give him a bite, though. However, yesterday, none of that took place. He ate a whole breadstick, all of his pasta, his grapes, and his salad (deconstructed, but he ate it all....tomato, lettuce, cabbage, carrot, black olive, and crouton)!




Helping me chop the veggies for dinner.... 
Lucas picked out some new cookies at the store tonight. I think he liked them. He had cookie all the way up in his eyebrow.  They were raspberry Oreo fudge cremes. I tried one and I must say they were yummy, but I managed to keep my face clean while eating mine....LOL!
And we started soccer!!




2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Lucas and LOGAN ARE GROWING so fast. I'm anxious to see them again. Love PaBob

Christi said...

Gosh I can't BELIEVE how big those bots are! So proud of Lucas with you... and yes I do know about trying to decode words. Too funny! :-). Love you & miss you - hope all is going well! xo