Monday, April 4, 2011

Menu Plan Monday....

We are watching our cholesterol intake around here, so I've been on the search for some tasty food for us. I've not been doing so great on menu planning and I'm trying to get back on track. It isn't just menu planning, but household schedules in general. At one point, I was so great about having a cleaning schedule and menu planning and I long to get that back. My household really did run so much smoother then. It isn't that my house is a pig pen because I haven't been great about a schedule, though. The thing was that I had things that I did each day and now I just do it all at once. Breaking it into smaller sections was so much easier, though.

Anyhow, on with the plan for this week! :-)

Monday-- pasta with "alfredo" sauce, salad

Tuesday--veggie burgers and fries

Wednesday--veggie stir fry with Chinese noodles

Thursday--artichoke tomato pasta, veggie meatballs, green beans

Friday--baked tilapia, coconut lime rice, steamed veggies with basting oil


4 Comments:

Tammy said...

Scott has cholesterol problems also and he can get his to drop pretty quickly when he stops eating sugar. I have a friend that told me about this a couple of years ago and it actually worked better than cutting actual cholesterol out. He cut out soda and candy, cut down on carbs and ate our meals as usual but in normal sized portions instead of "man" portions, lol, and it dropped 30 points between his 2 appointments 6 months apart.

Candi said...

:-) Thanks, Tammy. It is actually my husband that is trying to watch his intake, but it is just easier for me to plan that into our meals.

He has cut way down on his portion size, carb intake, and he has no sweet tooth. I actually don't know what his cholesterol was at, just that it was a little high. He didn't ask the doc what the numbers were. Apparently it is better than it was a year ago, though.

Tammy said...

Do you also plan out your breakfasts and lunches? Curious...

Candi said...

I don't, but I really, really should. For lunches, we usually do leftovers or sandwiches, or some sort of frozen food. Breakfasts are usually cereal, granola bars, muffins, frozen pancakes or waffles, or some sort of leftover if we aren't feeling like breakfast stuff.