Saturday, July 31, 2010

Target and Safeway shopping trip!!

Up first, my Target trip. I'm most excited about this trip. Although, upon getting home and looking at my receipt, I discovered that my BOGOF coupon for Bear Naked granola did not go through. I asked him because I saw it come up as $0, but when he scrolled up, we saw a -$3.50 and assumed that my coupon did go through. However when I looked more closely, I discovered that was my $3.50 off for the special promo of by 2 Dannon yogurts get one Bear Naked granola free. One of my 50 cents off Bear Naked granola coupons did go through, but I should have spent $3 less than I did. I still got an awesome deal, though!So, I got all of the above for $20.74. I should have paid $17.74, but I'm still super pleased. I saved $77.74!!! The only thing I didn't have a coupon for was the bread. I'm not going to list out all coupons used, etc. because I just used sceanrios from Krazy Coupon Lady. If you haven't checked her site out, go do it! Just so you know, I do have 3 laptops and a desktop that I had running printing coupons from! :-) I will say that I got the Chef Boyardee, Sobe water, one of the Bear Naked granolas, the first aid bad, and Red Baron pizza slices free. I paid 29 cents each for the candy bars, 29 cents each for the Bagel Bites, and 29 cents each for the Benadryl itch relief sticks. Since it is hard to see in the picture, here is a breakdown of what I bought:

  • 6 cans Chef Boyardee
  • 2 bags Bear Naked granola
  • 6 boxes Kashi TLC bars
  • 2 tubs 32 oz. Dannon yogurt
  • 2 boxes Red Baron pizza by the slice
  • 1 loaf of bread
  • 1 (10 ct) Papermate pens
  • 4 Benadryl itch relief sticks
  • 1 first aid bag
  • 8 bottles Sobe life water
  • 2 bags Dole salad
  • 4 boxes (9 ct) Bagel bites
  • 8 Willy Wonka candy bars
Above is my Safeway shopping trip. I spent $33.24 at Safeway. I saved $45.83! I did 2 transactions at 2 stores to get the cheeses that were on sale for 99 cents each. The only thing not on sale and I didn't have a coupon for is the Lipton tea. The Jimmy Dean sausage was marked down to 99 cents, the Pepsi's were 99 cents, and the Gatorade was 99 cents. The string cheese was $2.49, the Lipton tea was $3.69, and the cereals were 78 cents each (after a 55 cent off manufacturer coupon that was doubled and a store coupon). The avocados were on sale for $1.25 each, but I had two coupons for $1.50 off of 4 and I also had a catalina that printed yesterday for $3 off a $10 purchase of produce that I used. So, I got my avocados for 50 cents each. I couldn't find the $1 off 2 avocado coupon anymore or they would have been even cheaper. $33.24 seems a bit high, but when I look at my stockpile of cheese, I'm okay with that. Good thing I have a deep freezer!
  • 3 boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch
  • 4 bottles Pepsi
  • 2 bottles Gatorade
  • 1 jug Lipton tea
  • 1 bag string cheese (16 oz)
  • 6 bags shredded cheese (8 oz each)
  • 6 blocks cheese (8 oz each)
  • 2 rolls Jimmy Dean suasage
  • 8 avocados

5 Comments:

Tammy said...

Hey Candi! Did you check out the toy clearance while you were at Target? Good stuff! Great deals you got on the food there though. Awesome!

Candi said...

I didn't. I did see your awesome deals on your blog though! I didn't get out until late, so I didn't take the time to go look. Maybe I can get back over there tomorrow!

Tammy said...

Wow! Awesome deals...especially on the cheese!

Nicole said...

Hi Candi! How are you? I've been gone for a while, but I plan to start blogging all about HMG. I hope things have been going well for you!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site the-carson-family.blogspot.com
Is this possible?