Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Independence Day!! (WW....almost!)

We went into DC for the fireworks, as we have for the last several years. As always, the boys enjoyed themselves. It was fun to see Lucas clap his hands in excitement along with everyone else when the fireworks were over! We sit between the Washington Monument and the WWII memorial, which puts the fireworks almost directly overhead.

Waiting patiently....

Some of my favorite shots.....





This year we also went to Mt. Vernon. They had a few "day time fireworks" and we got there just in time to see them. I've never seen Mt. Vernon so busy. Lucky for us, we have annual passes and avoided the ridiculously long line!

Daytime fireworks....




Other favorites from the day...





7 Comments:

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

I have never heard of daytime fireworks. Sounds cool.
I think it is must have been an amazing place to celebrate the 4th!

Tammy said...

Daytime fireworks? That's an interesting idea! :)

annies home said...

lovely pictures
shopannies@Yahoo.com

Stefany said...

Great pics! I love the idea of daytime fireworks.

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

The daytime fireworks look really interesting. Amazing photos from your fun filled day. Thanks for sharing :)

Audra said...

It looks like you had a great time! The pictures are great. I have never heard of daytime fireworks. Cool! Thank you again for my blog design...I love it!

Milk Mama said...

Candi, those firework photos turned out great!!!! :D :D :D